BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE WITH
Registration is required for a first time booking . Please check your e-mail for confirmation. Enjoy your flight.
Kelowna Flying Club Program: Let’s Go Flying!
- Fly a well equipped Grumman Tiger for as little as $2240 per year plus Kelowna Flying club membership which includes 12 hours of flight time
- Well managed with residuals for engine overhaul and aircraft replacement
- On-line booking program, hour, day, or week bookings available
- Aircraft is well maintained at commercial standards
- Training available to all pilots who have Private pilot permit with an approved by Flying program manager
- Mentorship program available to fly into major airports and mountain flights
- Flying program limited to 25 members
The Kelowna Flying Club (KFC) purchased an airplane in 2017 so that its members who hold a minimum of a Private Pilot’s License can renew and maintain their flying skills, learn new ones such as IFR and night time flight, and fly around our stunning mountains and beautiful countryside.
The purchase was made possible by club members who loaned the club $85,000 and who will be paid back over four years with interest. Some 25 members of the club then paid up front for 12 hours of flying that includes maintenance, hangar and insurance costs. The airplane averages around 450 hours per year and members make reservations on our online booking system.
The aircraft is available to non pilots through the KIWI program where members can join the flying program for a minimal amount and pay aircraft costs only to fly. There are designated pilots who have made themselves available to the members.
The Kelowna flying club also has a student program for up to 3 students to join the club and participate in flying the Tiger to build hours. The club has just approved and arranged a bursary program with Okanogan College for one student per year to apply and receive flying benefits.
The plane is managed by a Flying Committee including Chad Gartly, James Sexton, our treasurer, KFC president Dave McElroy, Wayne Heal and Jim Hannibal. Jim has given his invaluable help to the club in purchasing the right airplane, the reservation system, bookkeeping and general rules and regulations.
The airplane, a Grumman AA5B Tiger manufactured in 1979, is kept in a nice warm hangar at Kelowna Airport, so it is available during the winter months on those clear cold days.
The club’s aircraft, registration C-GVXY, is a four-seater with a single 180 Horsepower Lycoming O-360-A4K engine, which allows it to cruise at 139 knots at 75% power. It has a service ceiling of 13,800 feet, and can take off in 850 feet and land in 410 feet. The plane, which has fixed landing gear, can carry 51 US gallons of fuel and has a range of 500 NM at 75% power.
James Hannibal firstname.lastname@example.org, 250-228-4235, for further information.
Wayne Heal email@example.com, 778-754-5252
AT KFC, ALL Members can go Flying!!!
KELOWNA FLYING Club Kiwi Program: Let’s Go Flying!
- Kiwis are flightless birds or birds that cannot fly
- KFC, Kiwis are Club members who do not hold a pilot’s license but like to and want to go flying!
- Club Flying Program pilots book the Club aircraft and fly it wherever and whenever the Kiwi want to go
- Cost of becoming a Kiwi member will be $300.00 per year which includes 3 hours of flight time and $80.00 per hour
- plus fuel A GREAT benefit of being a member even if you don’t have a pilot’s license!!